Below represents recent blog posts of interest from around the commercial real estate universe curated by the NAI Hunneman Research Department.
- Amazon’s Whole Foods Buy Could Transform Retail CRE – Nothing has disrupted retail real estate over the last decade, save the Great Recession, more than Amazon. (Source: VTS)
- Changing Retail Markets Are Forcing Landlords To Get Creative – The retail sector is struggling as e-commerce continues its breakneck growth and consumer trends shift. Brick-and-mortar retailers are closing shops and going bankrupt at record levels, which leaves many landlords left managing empty space and losing money.(Source: Apto)
- 4 Ways Traditional Office Buildings Are Competing with Co-Working Spaces – There have been significant changes in the workplace over the past few years, but few as major as the shift from private offices to co-working spaces. (Source: Ten-X)
- 4 Marketing Strategies That Didn’t Exist When You Started As a Broker – Those who have worked in the commercial real estate industry for a long time know that things have changed considerably over time. (Source: ClientLook)
- New Apartment Developments Still Offer Options – Most of the news during latest apartment development cycle has focused on the luxury, high-end product that comprises most of the new supply. (Source: Axiometrics)