NAI Hunneman’s Research Group is pleased to introduce our new Middle Market Skyline report, which provides insight and floor-by-floor detail on urban Boston’s top Class B office assets. Here are a few key takeaways from this analysis:
- The average height of the 28 buildings included in the analysis is 10 floors.
- Availabilities in the lower levels of these middle market buildings are slightly higher compared to the upper floors. The total availability rate from the 6th floor and up is just under 14%, while below the 6th floor the rate is 15.3%.
- Direct rents are averaging $50 per square foot; ranging from low-$40 to mid-$50 per square foot.
- In terms of rent, office space in the Seaport now rivals low and mid-rise space in many Class A, tower buildings in the Financial District.
- There is roughly 76,000 square feet of sublease space available as of the fourth quarter 2016.
For more information on our reports or market updates please contact our Director of Research, Liz Berthelette